Andreas` recipe – Goat cheese Gnocchi
Our chef, Andreas Donnerbauer, shares one of his delicious recipes with you:
Goat cheese Gnocchi with pumpkin and wild mushrooms
- Cook the potatoes with a lot of salt in the oven at 160°C, until they are soft. Then peel their skin off and press them through the potato ricer.
- Mix the goat cheese, the flour, the potatoes, the lemon zest and the spices together. Gradually add the egg yellows. Be careful that the masse isn’t too hot and that the dough isn’t kneaded too long.
- On a floured surface knead small rolls from the dough and then form them to small Gnocchi.
- Boil the Gnocchi in saltwater and let them cool on an oiled tray.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, wash the baby spinach and clean the wild mushrooms, and put them to the side.
- Clean the pumpkin, remove its core, and let it cook in the oven until it gets soft. Then press the pumpkin through the ricer and then puree it with the crème. Season it with salt, pepper, sugar and some lemon juice.
- Fry the Gnocchi for a short time in butter and then remove them from the pan. Fry the mushrooms, and add the tomatoes, spinach and then the Gnocchi. Season it to suit your taste.
- Reheat the pumpkin puree and create a flat mirror on a plate. Arrange the Gnocchi on it and scatter some herbs over it.
You want to see how we prepare this delicious dish? Get some inspiration from our video!